Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, February 25, 2023

A ton of cards

I told you all about the 200,000+ cards that Kevin and I took in, we've sorted about half of them so far and Kevin is in Tennessee so I've actually got the chance to work on my own cards. As we've been sorting, I've been pulling all the stuff for my Vintage Collection as well as all the White Sox and PC stuff. There isn't hardly any PC stuff as most of these cards are commons but there was some. I got those logged in after work yesterday. Today I went through about 1000 White Sox cards and logged in 198 new ones. Tomorrow, I plan on hitting the vintage stuff. Most of that, I've already checked against my lists to see if I need it because they were stacked together so I'd have 500 or 1000 cards all of the same year so it was easy to go through them as I was sorting. So I'm guessing at least 95% of these are going into my collection.


I already put them in stacks by years. Topps is the top row, Fleer the middle and Donruss at the bottom row. As you can see, I have my work cut out for me. I'm hoping to get it all done tomorrow and then after work on Monday, I'll take the box I sorted back to the LCS and start going over to Kevin's again to work on more sorting. We'll see what goodies I can find then.

On to today's post though. We've hit the team collection portion. Before, I scanned everything I picked up and would post it because I wasn't picking up all that many cards. Well now, I'm getting a bunch all at once so after this post, I'll just start showing highlights. That's next time, today, I'm going to be posting a ton of cards so I'll just get to it.

This was another Christmas gift from Dennis. This is one of my favorite sets that shows college uniforms. I think it's the vintage look to them.

This was a freebie for sorting for the LCS. I don't see too many Chris Perry cards anymore.

I grabbed this at the South Bend show when Kevin bought 4 dollar boxes from someone else set up at the show. I of course, picked through it when he grabbed them.

This was another freebie for sorting for Sluggo. It's almost Panini like before all the colorful Panini's were around.


Both of these came from my brother's sorting. I didn't realize Fleer had a college basketball Greats of the Game. I'm loving that set.


Lastly, this came from the Hollister's box we bought so I paid a couple of bucks for this Purple parallel of the score card. You can never go wrong with Brady in the Maize and Blue.

I have a ton of Sox cards to show so I'm just going to post them all. I promise, next time it won't be this bad. I've just been really behind and I picked up a lot of cards.


Picked up both of these from Curtis at the Plymouth show. I always try to buy a few things from him just because I like him.


These both came from Fred at work.


These 4 are more that came from Dennis. He always sends autos and relics. He's the only blogger I still trade with and you can see why.












All of the above came from my LCS, the majority of it I didn't pay for but I did some. That last box is all the Frank Thomas cards I added from the box of 5000 that I brought home.

I picked up both of these at the South Bend show from the aforementioned boxes that we bought.

I grabbed this last scan from the Hollister box we picked up in Lansing.








All of these last scans came from Sluggo at various points in the last 3 months.



Lastly, these 2 cards were part of my Christmas package from my mom. Both relics & autographs, both numbered under 100. A great way to finish off this post.

I know it's a lot of cards so I decided to look and see, I'm now at 10,660 Chicago White Sox Cards.

I went and checked for the hell of it, and I'm also at 960 cards in the Michigan Collection.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.