Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Thick cards with Stripes

Kevin and I set up at the Plymouth show today. It was probably one of the better shows we've had there. I haven't compared it to the others yet but it had to be up there. We just love that show because all the dealers get along, we actually hung out for about an hour after the show just talking and joking around. The show is at a church and the table fees go to the church and the local little league so they also sell biscuits and gravy in the morning and hot dogs and chili for lunch. All the proceeds for that go to the church as well but if you've ever done any card shows, the worst part is the majority of them don't have any food available. Most of the time, Kevin and I go all day without eating. Next week we will be in Zeeland, MI which is about an hour and 45 minutes North of us. I'm pretty sure there is no food there either but we've only been there once to buy so we'll see.

I only came home with 3 cards today but I still have a bunch to add from this previous week and I've already forgotten what was in it so if I have more cards for today's post, you won't see them until I get to February posts.

Fred at work brought me this 2021 Flagship. I have most of the Series 1 so if I remember, this was Series 2. Fred has a knack for bringing me cards that I don't have. He brought me a 1994 Score last week, I was like, surely I have this, nope. If I didn't know any better, he was looking on my TCDB but as far as I know, he's not very computer savy.

Sluggo gave me these 2 cards of the runner up to the Cy Young award last year. The top one is the Royal Blue version, the bottom is last years Heritage. He gave me a bunch of Heritage that I didn't have that you'll see in later posts.


I mentioned before that I picked up some autos and relics at my LCS in his $3 or 4 for $10 box. That's where this came from. I have 3 auto's of Cease but this is my first relic. The pseuco-1988 Donruss was one of those thick cards.

These 4 cards give me 80 of Dylan, whom I'm expecting great things from this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.