Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Lotsa LuBob

I've been going over to Kevin's and helping sort those boxes I told you all about. So far, I've brought home just a little over a 4 row box of cards for me to keep. 95% of those are for the vintage collection so that collection will get a big boost once we are done. We're probably a 1/3 of the way through the boxes. Tomorrow we are taking 8 of the boxes to a guy who is buying them. He's going to buy them in 8-10 counts every so often.

Here's a video of the Man Cave which is the shop that brought us the cards. The first couple of minutes talks about the cards and shows them. The bad part is he called me Kevin's brother but we are actually cousins.

Today's post is another guy I'm expecting big things from this year. I wasn't expecting his collection to be as high as it is but with his struggles to stay healthy this year, his cards dropped and I've been grabbing a bunch.




These 17 cards came from Sluggo and I paid just under $10 for everything, including the Tier 1 relic. Which was actually the majority of the cost since all but 3 of those were free and I got them for the work I do for him.

These 4 I picked up from Hollister's when we bought out his half off box, 2 rookies and 2 shiny cards. I picked them up for $6.

I picked this up at the Lansing show for $.50.


I picked up these 3 at my LCS and paid $5 total. I don't like the manurelics as they are made up, but there are a lot of them that I just like how they look, like both of these. The coin card is labeled as a rookie as well. I like the looks of the player number cards too and I've been looking to get a Sox one and you can't go wrong with Robert being the first.


Last but not least, this was another card that I got from my mom for Christmas.

These 26 cards, I paid a total of $10 for, I'd say that's pretty good. They give me 147 cards of Robert. The first 3 years I collected him I only had 12 so you can see where this collection took off.

1 comment:

  1. That red Mosaic Robert is really nice. Definitely a good time to invest in LouBob, I think he's going to have a big year. the White Sox will be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.