Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 24, 2023

Tier 3's in 3's

This is my first weekend free of doing card shows in 7 weeks. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in for 2 days. I like doing the shows but they generally take most of the day. Most of them run 10-3 and we drive as far as 2 1/2 to 3 hours so tack that time in front and back of the show hours and it makes for a long day.

We'll start off this Tier 3 post with a Chrome Refractor of Zimmy. This was in the Christmas package from Dennis which tells you how far behind I am and why I've gone to 3 players per post to get caught up. 

The one on the left is a Panini Capstone which I had never heard of. The right one is the Holo Orange.


This dual relic is serial numbered to /50 and it's as shiny as it looks. I picked up the last 3 cards for a grand total of $2. Technically, I didn't pay for the top 2 and the dual relic was the $2. I grabbed the top 2 while sorting for the LCS and I bought the bottom one at the shop.

These 4 cards give me 388 cards of Ryan Zimmerman.

I grabbed this while doing the above mentioned sorting for the LCS. I didn't even know this was a regular set. All I've ever seen were the autographs that came out of it. Love the powder blue Expos uniforms.


I also picked these up from sorting, only this time from Sluggo's. Obviously, these are both parallels of the Mosaic set. 

These 3 cards give me 315 of the Kid.

This came from Sluggo as well, he was attempting to complete the '74 set a long time ago and just ran across the box that had them in it. Since I'm attempting the set (along with all the others) he gave the box to me. There were a few stars still in there, such as this one. It's a little miscut but I don't mind. It is now my oldest base card of Yaz. I have a couple of leaders cards from 1971 but this is my oldest actual player card.


I picked up this Short Print from the box we purchased from Hollister's. I paid $3 for it. I'm not real sure of that photo but whatever. It looks very photoshopped to me, and rather poorly considering technology these days.

These 2 cards of Yaz give me 161 cards of him.

Just in case you weren't counting, all of the cards above

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.