Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Thrice is Nice

I started posting one player a post because I was only getting cards from Sportlots and only once a month. It was my way of stretching out my posts. Well now that I'm getting new cards all the time from lots of different places, I've decided to do 3 players per post. I checked, and I'm 58 posts behind so this will help me get caught up. I'll random the first player and then pick the other 2 in accordance to who the first player is so they are all at least related somehow. I realize you all don't really care but I like to have a set plan in place.

As he always does, Fred at work gave me this and I went yep, I have it. I don't. I've narrowed this player down to 4, let's see who it is.

All of these are base except the Stadium Club in the middle, top row. It's the Sepia parallel. 

This is the gold parallel which is numbered to /99.

These 2 should give away where I got the last 3 scans of cards. I've shown a bunch of these 582 Montgomery's before. The last 3 scans were all payment cards from my LCS for sorting cards for them.

I picked up this card at the Lansing card show, It's the purple parallel. I paid $1.50 which was discounted from $3. It is a rookie so I went ahead and paid for it.




Those last 3 scans all came from Sluggo. All of them are parallels or inserts. That coin card in the top scan is extremely thick.

These 20 cards give me over 200 with 203. The best part of all those Moncada's, I paid only $1.50 for the purple, everything else was free.


These top 3 cards of Eloy are from Sluggo. A couple of shiny parallels and a 2022 Heritage. He gave me a bunch of Heritage as you can see with the Moncada as well.


Fred gave me these 2, you've already seen the top one with Moncada but they are both on it. The 1963 look-a-like is an Archives from last year.


These 6 came from my LCS as payment for sorting cards. I'd say some pretty decent cards for free.

I bought this from Curtis who is a guy who sets up next to us in Plymouth. He lives right down the road and this is the only show he does and he's always there. He's a cool guy, other than being a Cubs fan but nobody is perfect.


I paid a buck for this, down from $2. I also picked it up at the Lansing show in a box we bought from Hollisters so while technically, I paid Sluggo for it, I have it marked from the Lansing show.

These 13 cards give me 142 cards of Eloy.

These 2 came from the LCS, also freebies for sorting. This is a fairly new collection so I need a bunch, especially from his previous teams.

These 5 came from the cards we are sorting that were dropped off at Kevin's. We are sorting out what we are going to keep before we sell them off by the box. They are mostly commons so I'm not getting a ton of PC cards but I'm finding a bunch of 80's for my Vintage Collection.


This is another one of the Heritage's that I got from Sluggo's.

These 8 cards give me 20 of the newly formed collection.

1 comment:

  1. Love that coin. I've seen a few different ones around the blogosphere. I'd love to open up a box one day.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.