Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, February 13, 2023

Ricky's brother

Kevin and I have been sorting more cards, for the LCS as well as these that we took in.


That's 65 boxes. 

A card shop that buys from us a lot, reached out saying they bought out a collection from a guy who used to have a LCS. He wanted to know if we had someone to sell commons to. We ended up striking the deal that we will get rid of them and give him half.

We've already contacted a guy about the older commons, the junk wax and he's going to take them but we wanted to search them first. I definitely did because there is a lot of early 80's which falls into my Vintage collection. We've gone through 15 or so boxes and I've already pulled out 800-1000 cards for my Vintage collection and we have a long way to go. I've also pulled, maybe 50 or so White Sox cards and a few PC so I'm definitely enjoying the sorting.

Today's post will be our starting first basemen this year. Our last 3 have been Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko and Jose Abreu. That's a tough act to follow but I'm hoping he can take the reigns and have a career like them. I'll need a lot more cards to compete with those 3 as well. Between those 3, I have 1898 cards. The lowest is Abreu and he has over 200.

I mentioned that I was sorting for the LCS, this is how he pays me. I keep cards that I find. Usually not many and mostly White Sox. I pulled these 4 for myself. My cost - $0


These 7 I got from Sluggo, the top 5 came in a stack that he sorted and pulled those for me. Later, he gave me the Rated Rookie holo for free as well. The last card, however, we picked up at a card show and he discounted what he paid for it and sold it to me for $7.50. It is the red version and numbered to /99. Look at that patch though.


This was in the stack of cards that my mom bought me for Christmas. This is the gold version #'d to /50. My cost - $0.

12 cards in this post, my cost $7.50 but with some pretty good cards.

These 12 cards give me 64 cards of Vaughn.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.