Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Seems like I’ve been here before

Ever since I picked up all the vintage cards at the card show a few weeks ago.  I’ve been wanting to take all my cards out of their pages, and rearrange them.  Right now, they are in player order.  But wouldn’t all those vintage look good all together.  All the feelings of pulling them all out and putting them in a different order reminds me so much of my childhood.  I had a huge metal desk in my bedroom.  I had thousands upon thousands of cards.  I didn’t consider certain cards part of my collection, they were all part of my collection.  I wanted every one of them.  If I saw a card I didn’t have, I wanted it.  It didn’t matter if it was some nobody who I had never heard of, or a hall of famer, if I didn’t have it, I wanted it.  One week I would put them in player order.  The next week, team order, the next week, card manufacturing order.  It was endless.  I always had stacks of cards on that desk.  I’d stay up all hours of the night, sorting.  Now I’m getting the urge to do it again.  And probably again.  And probably once again.

beckham11toppsallenandginterjerseyAGR-GB

Plus I’m getting close on a few teams sets and those would look cool together.  I’m still trying to copy over my set wants from teamsets4u.com so I don’t know how many I actually have.  I know I have the 2010 Topps and I’m only a card short on a few others on account that I always fill my player collections first.  So I’m missing a few Konerko cards for those team sets.

fisk82topps554

On another side note, I’ve ran a fantasy baseball league at work since 2003 but we lose people every year because, as you all know, baseball season’s are very long.  Most people don’t want to take the time to check their line-ups every day.  It’s a head to head league with 2 divisions, I’m down to 6 teams (plus 1 more to sign up) and I would like to have 10 or 12 teams.  There’s 6 scoring columns in each, offense and pitching.  Live online draft.  Unlimited free agents (with waivers) and trades.  It’s a “for fun” league, most of us are baseball enthusiasts.  If your interested, email me at jccsst1022 at gmail dot com.  By the way, it is free through yahoo, although if you would like, you can throw in $5 and best record at the end of the season wins most of the pot, 2nd place get their $5 back.  It’s not mandatory to get in on the money, not all of us do it.  But to be eligible for the prize, you have to pay the $5 before the season starts.  Like I said, let me know if your interested.  I’d just like to have some managers that will take the time to change their line-ups whenever possible.  So if you’ve never played and want to try, let me know (jccsst1022 at gmail dot com) and I’ll send you the sign up info.  We’ve already got 4 Cubs fans, 2 White Sox fans, and an Angels fan.  So as long as your not another Cubs fan, your welcome to join.  We’ve already met our quota of Cubs fans.  Just kidding of course, anybody is welcome.

sale11toppschromeauto205

I’ve got a few trade posts and ebay pick ups to scan.  Plus I also have some cards coming from my cousin in North Carolina that I have to pick up from my mom who was just down there visiting.  I know one card I’m looking forward to receiving and when I post it, it will come with an announcement of another player collection starting.

thomas98toppsscnevercompromiseNC4

While I do own all these cards in the pictures.  I only posted them just so there was some cards to look at.  Oh, they all have something in common with my new player collection as well.  They are all from the team that my new PC is for.

southpaw11toppsodM-5

Oh, and it isn’t any of the player’s pictured here.  I really debated on Southpaw above, no not really.  But if you’re a regular reader, you should know what’s coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.