Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Jake from Saint Claire

Today's post is a Michigan man but it's a baseball guy. He's definitely the most famous current baseball player playing in the MLB. It's been nice having another current player to collect.

These 4 cards came from the Shipshewana card show but not the dollar box which is where almost all my purchases came from. We stopped to talked to a seller that we set up with at other shows and while Sluggo talked, he's a chatty Cathy, I looked at cards he had. He had some player lots in team bags, usually around 10 cards or so. I thumbed through a bag of Cronenworth's but it had a $6 tag and I thought I only needed 3 so I passed. When I told him, he offered it for $2 so I took it. Sluggo ended up buying a couple high end cards and he just threw the player lot in for free. So technically, I paid nada. I was thinking I had the 1986 look-a-like but I have the non-Chrome version.


When I went through Sluggo's White Sox boxes, I also hit his Padres box and found these 2. The top card is a green parallel of Mosaic insert and the bottom card is a short printed Diamond King.

These 6 cards give me 23 cards of another Michigan Jake.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.