Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, April 15, 2022

A rookie indeed

I had an oral surgery today and I've finally come off the drugs so I'll try to post. I have the next week off to recover so I'm really hoping to spend lots of times with my cards but we'll see.

Today's post is a HOF catcher who is in my Tier 3 collection and as you know, I'm just finishing off my Tier 3 collections on Sportlots so your going to see a lot of cards.

These are all from 1985. The Fleer card at the top right is an Update. Not sure why they have 3 different stickers for the Fleer sticker album but there they are. Who knows, maybe theirs more that I don't have.

1986. I was surprised I needed the Donruss as I'm 92% complete on that set. The Fleer mini are relatively new to me. I don't remember those back in the day, at all.


1987. Lots of Fleer and lots of oddballs. The 2 flagship that look like dupes, one is a glossy version. There's a few more in the next pic.

1987-1988. The top 3 and the coin are also from 1987, the top 3 all look the same but they say different things at the top. Not sure about those as I've never seen them before. The rest of the cards are from 1988.

1989-1990. Top row is 1989, the Fleer is update, the 2 Donruss are Baseball's best and All-Star. The rest are 1990. The 2 Topps are a traded and an O-Pee-Chee.

1991. The top 4 Topps are the traded and 2 variations of the asterick kind and the flagship. I don't normally care about the asterick variations so they must have had them listed on Sportlots differently and I didn't notice. 

1992. The Fleer is another printing variation on the back.

1993-1994. The top 2 are 1994 Ted Williams. Is it me or can you see Ryan Reynolds in that one on the left? The 1993's (bottom) are the Topps Rockies variation.

2000. All 3 are from 2000.

2001. The last Sportlots are all from 2001. Lots of reprints or look-a-likes up there.

I also picked up a couple of the Kid in a dime box at the LCS. The top one is from 2000 and the Mosaic Vintage is a 2021.


Last but not least, I picked up these 2 in a dollar box at the Shipshewana show. Yes, that's a real 1975 Topps Rookie I picked up for a buck (actually $.79 since I bought so many and got a discount). That's the actual card and as you can see, it really isn't in bad shape. That might have been my favorite dollar box purchase.

These 78 cards give me 249 of Gary. Almost a quarter of 1000. Maybe in the next shipment.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding a Carter rookie card for 79¢! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.