Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Vacation Pick-Ups #1

I’m going to start off with some of the newer pick-ups and work to the better stuff.

ncwsox01

Picked up the top 3 for $.20/each and the bottom 2 came from Sluggo.  Always love the Xfractors and check out the black border Omar Vizquel.  Those are numbered to /99 but you have to love black border White Sox cards.

ncwsox02

Most (if not all) came for $.20 each.  Nothing extremely exciting but I needed all of these for the White Sox Collection.

ncwsox03

Here are a few oddball cards that I picked up at the same price.  You gotta love the Michael Jordan at the top and the minor league Frank Thomas at the bottom left.

ncwsox04

I also picked up these 3 80’s cards but all great White Sox players.  I know, I promised you great cards in these Vacation pick-up posts but come back tomorrow for some 70’s pick-ups.  Ok, ok.  I’ll show you some vintage.

ncwsox23

Look at those!  Ok, I can’t do that to you.  These are reprints that were put out in the early 90’s (I think) by Red Heart Dog Food.  But I still think they are cool.  These are glossy though, not that I have a problem with that, but it doesn’t go well with vintage look-a-likes.

Come back tomorrow for the start of the true vintage.  I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wait till I get to the player collection portion, big boost to the Aparicio collection.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.