Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, May 15, 2020

Catchers duo

* I put my April incoming on random for today's post.

Today's post is brought to you by TGIF because I'm not enjoying work much these days. With everything going around right now things are just really different. It will probably go back to normal when it's all over but until then, it'll be some long days.

A hall of fame catcher came up for today's post and since he only had 1 card, I went ahead and paired him up with another hall of fame catcher. Both are 2020 cards and both came from Sportlots.


We'll start off with the player that came up on the random, Johnny Bench. Obviously this is from this years Heritage. This card is the first after hitting the century mark with the last card, or 101 if I confused you as much as I did myself. I paid $.50 for it.


I also picked up this card of the Kid but it was only $.18 which is the minimum on Sportlots. This is my 134th card of Carter, I knew him more as a Met but I prefer his cards with the Expos just because I enjoy the Expos uniforms.

1 comment:

  1. Photos on cards always make me curious. I decided to see who wore #24 for Atlanta in 1971. Looks like it was Steve Barber. The game Topps is referring to on the card took place on 4/12/71, but Barber didn't pitch in that game. In fact Bench never batted against Barber in 1971. From what I could find, Barber only pitched against Bench on 9/19/70. He struck him out the first time Bench came up... but then gave up two singles in his other two at-bats. Yup. I'm that bored ;D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.