Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Yoyo Thursday

* I put my April incoming on random for today's post.

I haven't had much opportunity to work on my cards this week. Our work golf league started yesterday. I didn't do so well, it was the first time I've swung the golf clubs since last year. I didn't do horrible except for 2 holes, but those 2 holes did me in, bad. Even the golf course had Covid rules, like do not touch or pull the flags.


Then today my mom came over to see my birthday gift that her and my wife got me. I've been wanting them for awhile but I just can't see spending that much money on a pair but I'm certainly not going to turn them down as a gift. I didn't feel like taking new pics so I screen shot my Snapchat.



The nice thing is they will match most of my clothes as I wear a lot of Michigan.

On to today's cards though, I'm sure most of you don't care about the shoes (except Dennis) but I had to show them off.

Today is a new player collection but not the usual new Michigan alumn PC. I finally decided to add a couple of current Sox PC's. I wasn't really collecting any of the current Sox other than buying them because they were Sox cards but I went ahead and started a few of the guys I really like. I just hope they stay with the Sox for awhile. This guy came over in a previous player I collected's trade. We shipped off Chris Sale to the Red Sox and got this guy, among others, back to us.






This guy struggled a bit his first year up but you could see glimpses of how good he can be. Then last year he started putting it all together and was really good and they keep saying he'll be even better. I really hate that this year is a wash because he have so many young guys that I was looking forward to see what they could do. Even though I'm just now starting his PC, I do already have a Red Sox card of him. I think I bought it on Ebay not realizing it was the wrong Sox on the card. These 6 cards put my new PC at 90 cards, not a bad way to start out. By the way, Yoyo (in the title) is his nickname.

1 comment:

  1. The golf courses in my area opened up too. I was wondering how they were going to address the pin. Can't wait to grab my clubs and play.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.