Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Pictures of pitchers

* I put my April incoming on random for today's post.

I'm going to show a couple of former White Sox pitchers today. One is a player collection, one is not.



In case you couldn't tell by the header, these both came from the Diamond King. Not only did he just come back from a hiatus but he came back offering free cards. I claimed one of these Jake Peavy's because I didn't have one, but Kevin was kind enough to send 2. They are both serial #'d to /999 so they both can stay in my collection. Thanks Kevin! Be sure to check him out, he's got more than just free cards going on, but there are free cards as well.

The other pitcher has a little more of a history of the Sox, and there are 2 cards from 2 different places.



First off, this 2001 that I thought I already had but apparently not. This came in the package from my cousin.



I would have guessed I had this one as well, but apparently, again I didn't. This came as a delayed Season of Giving package as he had nobody to take his White Sox cards. These Buehrle's give me 197 cards of his, I might have to go look for a few for next month and see if I can't crack the 200 Mark, get it, Mark, Mark Buehrle. Yeah, I know, that was lame but I couldn't help it. Be sure to check out Chris at Nachos Grande, if only for all the Barry Larkin's.

3 comments:

  1. I was a little distracted when I opened the post and saw my blog header! For a second I thought someone hijacked my blog!! Not a lot of thinking going on in my head! Glad you liked the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started looking for an autographed card of Buehrle (for my lefty PC) this week and was surprised that he doesn't have a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.