Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Vintage Mays and more

* I put my April incoming on random for today's post.

2 more days and 2 more posts. As I said in the last post, the last 2 are vintage posts and I already posted the 50's and the 60's so that should narrow it down for you. Before I get to the actual Vintage Collection cards, he sent me a couple that I'm keeping as well.


I always debated on collecting these checklists, because they are technically not park of the numbered set. I kind of feel that checklists should be part of the set so while I don't actively pick them up, I keep them when I get one.


I'm keeping this just because it's cool and it's Willie Mays. It's from a 1961 Topps Stamp set. It's listed as an insert from the 1961 Topps set.



Don Sutton and Nolan Ryan, yes please. My cousin sent these as part of his package. Obviously the Nolan Ryan card is pretty cool because I'm sure the base card is probably out of my cheap asses range. These 3 cards from 1975 give me 83 for the set.


He also sent this Don Sutton from the 1973 set that I needed.




These 14 cards from the 1973 set I picked up from Sportlots. I'm not going to post prices for each card but I did pay less than $.50 for each card. 4 of them were $.50 but the majority of them were $.18. The 15 cards put that set at 477 cards.

Next up is the few 80's that I picked up, I just about have everything scanned and ready to go for next month. That's what I worked on today.

2 comments:

  1. That Mays stamp is really cool. And I'll never complain about seeing someone post 1973 Topps World Series subset cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't see those stamps on the blogs very often, and when you do, they rarely feature someone of Willie's stature... very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.