Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Old School

* I put my April incoming on random for today's post.

I wasn't planning on posting today because it's my golf league day but since I didn't post yesterday, I'll spit one out.

This one may interest you more than the usual White Sox or Michigan posts. You get a vintage posts, I actually have a vintage post for each decade from the 50's to the 80's this month. Today you get the oldest.

All the photos are from TCDB as my scanner wasn't operational yet. My copies aren't this nice, mine show a little more love. All these came from my cousin whom just sent me another package that I'm trying to get through.


These 2 from 1959 give me 11 for the set. He always sends a bunch of Yankees in the vintage cards. Not sure how he ends up with so many as they come from multiple peoples collections. You wouldn't think there would be so many Yankee fans in North Carolina.




3 more Yankees, good thing I don't care when the cards are this old. These 5 cards give me 21 cards in the 1958 set.


Just one card from 1956 and you guess it, a Yankee. This is card number 4 from 1956.


Also one card from 1955 and it's not a Yankee. Man I love these cards from the 1950's, they are so plain compared to cards these days but I don't care, they are still awesome. This card gives me 7 cards for that set.




Last but definitely not least, 5 Yankees from 1953. My copies of these 5 cards are definitely not this pretty, they are well loved but that doesn't mean anything to me. These 5 cards give me 9 cards from the 1953 set. Oddly enough, all 9 cards are Yankees. I know some of the others came from Sluggo as well, probably all of them.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.