Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Cooperstown card and more

I hate that MLB signed with these streaming apps to broadcast games. I usually record all the games on my DVR and watch them later. My DVR is set to record anything to do with the White Sox (and Michigan) so I don't even bother checking to see if the game is recording because it always does. Saturday I went to watch Friday nights game and there was nothing on my DVR. Sure enough, it was streamed on Apple TV so I missed it. Today, I knew they were on early so I went to look for it and again, it wasn't on the DVR. They streamed it on the Peacock app. At least I got to watch that one since I caught it live but had I not, I wouldn't have seen them extend their win streak to 6 games.

It's the curse of modern technology I guess. Rant over.

Today's post is a tier 1 player and it's more than just cards.

I got this relic card from Sluggo, it'll get taken out of my payments from working his card shows with him. It's my 4th relic of his.

I picked up both of these at the Shipshewana show dollar box. I have the base and 3 different color variations now of that Cooperstown Collection card. Speaking of Cooperstown Collection.


I also picked up the McFarlane Cooperstown Collection at the Shipshewana show. It was actually there at the last show a few months ago and I looked at it but I didn't buy it. I'm starting to get better at spending more money at shows. Now that I work for Sluggo and he pays me for the shows we set up at, instead of using that money to buy a bunch of cheap cards, I've been buying a little more expensive stuff. I figured it was a good way to add to my collections and not really cost me anything out of pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.