Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Lots of players on 1 card

We had a decent show in Plymouth yesterday. I always enjoy that show because there's a ton of kids. We actually only set up one showcase because the lower end boxes do really well so that gives us more room to put them. There wasn't quite as many kids yesterday but we were all guessing they were probably at little league games. 

Another reason it's one of our favorite shows is it's at a church so the proceeds go to the church, as well as the local little league. On top of the table costs going there, they sell biscuits and gravy in the morning, and hot dogs (w/chili) and nachos at lunch into the afternoon. I don't know how many of you set up at shows but one bad thing is, a lot of times, there's no food unless you leave to go get something or bring something. 

I wasn't going to spend any money so I had money for the big Shipshewana show tomorrow but the guy that had those White Sox programs from the 50's that I bought at the last show, had a bunch of other stuff for me and I ended up spending $200 with him. So much for the money for the show tomorrow.

I spent today catching up on cards received since last week. Cards purchased at the Ft. Wayne show last Saturday, plus a package from Dennis and some cards Fred brought me at work, and last but not least, the aforementioned stuff I bought yesterday.

I did drop around $25 at the show we set up last week on almost all vintage. Today's post isn't a vintage post but it has vintage cards in it. It's a collection that I don't ever pick up cards for much so I grabbed them when I saw them.

I picked up this 1978 team card of the Yankees and

this 1975 card of the Yankees. These 2 double my Yankees team cards to 4. I noticed their's are a little hard to find on the cheap. Too many Yankee fans seeking them out I guess.

I also picked up these 6 from the 1971 set. It is my 1st team card from the Senators, my 4th of the Padres, my 5th of the Dodgers and Red Sox, my 7th of the Twins and my 9th of the Angels.

I also picked up these 2 from 1970. It was great picking up a Sox one I didn't have and I've been looking for the Miracle Mets one because I loved owning that one as a kid. It is my 6th card of the Mets and my 31st of the White Sox.


I really liked picking up a couple from the 60's as well. My 6th team card of the Giants and the 7th of the Braves.

What did all of these cards have in common? They were all in a dollar box that I picked through. I grabbed some other vintage out of the box but those will pop up in other posts. Even one I spent more than a $1 on but you'll have to wait to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't been to a card show with food (other than ones with dealers who sell snacks) in a long time. I'd be all over those chilidogs and nachos.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.