Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, October 15, 2022

A Day of Cards

 Sluggo and I didn't have any shows we were setting up at so we drove up to one in Zeeland, MI. It took a little over an hour to get there so it wasn't too bad. We went with the intention of buying but didn't come away with much. We were looking for more mid to high end cards and there was a lot of low end cards. Our secondary reason for going is we were checking it out to see if we wanted to set up at a future show. In just the hour we were there, the traffic was pretty good so I think we'll probably travel up there in February. We're already booked for their December date. I bought a few cards that I'll add to the list to post tomorrow. We are setting up in Lansing next week.

Came home and the Michigan game was about half an hour into it so I started it on the DVR and caught up during half time. We were rolling over their defense until we got to the endzone but we were shutting them down so we were slowly building a lead. Then they broke off a huge run to score and in the next series JJ threw a pick 6 and next thing you know, we were down 1. It was a little scary but after the half we dominated and pulled away. This team looks a little better every week. We have next week off before we face State. I worked on team lots while watching the game and afterwards.

Today's post is a tier 3 player who we picked up a graded autograph of today for the shop. You won't see that here but you will eventually on the shops Instagram account.


Dennis sent me these 3 cards as we both collect Ripken. I really like the Gold Label but I've always liked that set. My Ripken collection is my highest card count collection but I can't tell you what that is since TCDB seems to be down. I know it's over 900 but I couldn't tell you and exact number. My spreadsheets show 907 but I usually go by TCDB. They should be the same but they aren't always, I find TCDB seems to be more accurate as I tend to forget an occasional card on my spreadsheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.