Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

What base?

I supposed I should put up a post. I haven't been on it as I am normally. I've been working a bunch of hours so I've been wore out when I get home. Haven't felt like taking the time to post.

Today's post is another team post but a few more cards than that last one.

Both of these came from Fred. The Abreu is the rainbow foil and the Mercedes is only my 7th. The way he started off his pro career with the Sox, I figured I'd have a ton but after a really good month, he dropped out of sight and isn't even with the Sox anymore.

These 7 cards came from Sluggo. I gave him $5 for all of these and a couple of Michigan PC's. None of them are base cards and you can see the the manu relic. Thick as hell like most of them but this has the Chicago city flag. Sheets played quite a bit for us this past year and did well. I'm hoping he stays on the team which would depend on if we make any signings or not. This is my 11th card of Sheets. The 2 Rodon's give me 64 of him and the 2 Abreu's and the 1 above that give me 184 of him, which is quite a bit for a non PC but only my 2nd highest non PC players.

Dennis did the same thing as Sluggo only earlier players, no base cards and even a couple with serial numbers Here's a rundown of the players numbers - Albert Belle is at 55 cards, Josh Fields is at 22 cards (1st on TCDB, surprised me as well), Alexei Ramirez is at 77 cards (1st on TCDB) and Adam Dunn with 62 cards. You may have noticed I skipped Frank Thomas, well he's at 585 cards. Yep, you guessed it, he's my highest non PC player. Even with that many cards, I just barely cracked the top 25 on TCDB. Good old 90's stars have a crap ton of cards.


Dennis almost always hooks me up with a relic or 2. The other was a player PC (Funchess) and you've already seen it. This is my 92nd card of Dye and my 8th relic of his.

These all came from people as I've been more active on player PC's than my Sox collection. I technically purchased the ones from Sluggo but they came in a lot he purchased and I get first dibs on all the lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.