Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

1973 Topps–Rookie Outfielders #611, Ted Sizemore #128

I’m collecting the 1973 set, slowly but surely. This post is the latest in my quest for the completion.

73topps-rookieoutfielders611

  • Card Facts – Rich Coggins, Jim Wohlford, Richie Zisk – Baltimore Orioles, Kansas City Royals, Pittsburgh Pirates – Card #611
  • Purchase Price – $.56 (Ebay lot 4/$2.24)

Seems like a lot to pay for a single card or even lot compared to what I usually spend, but the lot of 4 had a couple Hall of Famers with this card so I pulled the trigger anyways.  I don’t know Coggins, and I know Wohlford from the 1981 Topps set.  But Richie Zisk I know from my collecting days.  Of course, it’s mainly because of the last name starting with a Z.

73topps-tedsizemore128

  • Card Facts – Ted Sizemore – St. Louis Cardinals – Card #128
  • Purchase Price – free (Trade with “Crinkly Wrappers”)

Another poised shot.  But at least Ted is looking at the camera, that’s more than I can say than a lot of the other cards in this set.  And look at those side burns, and the color of the hair matches his uniform.  Ted’s got swag.

  • Cards posted in this set – 39
  • Total price paid – $5.15
  • Average price per card – $0.13
  • Cards left to post – 645 (including NNO Checklists)
  • Percentage posted – 39/684 (6% posted)
  • Percentage completed – 76/684 (11% completed)

Price per card went up with the big purchase of $.56 up there but another trade card from Ted helps keep it from going up too much.  Also got bumped up to 6% posting.  The percentage completed should go up as soon as I get some trade cards from Josh at “Royals and Random”.  I’m going to try to get those logged in later today so by Tuesday’s post they should be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.