Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Photo Cleansing #8

For those that are new around here, I save photo’s I like as I go through blogs and when I get a few, I’ll post them here for your enjoyment. And it takes less space storing them here then on my computer. I do the same thing on my other blog, only they are usually funny pics or toons. Here we go.

Today, we’ll start with a little Michigan football.  My Sox haven’t fared to well this year so I’m starting to get pumped about college football starting soon.  How soon you ask?  Take a look to your right and down a bit an there you go.  Now on to the pics.

sports01

Michigan’s leader, Denard Robinson.  Great kid, very likable.  Could lead us to a great record, maybe a Big Ten title.  I don’t know if we are that good yet, but the excitement out of Ann Arbor is such.  Hopefully the D has improved.  Speaking of D

sports08

Hopefully we see this a lot this year.  Our D will make or break us, like it did last year.

Now, off to the only sport playing now, and the best of them all.  Baseball

sports02

That’s to funny.  I think I remember seeing a sign like this at a White Sox game a few years ago.  Might have been a Yankees game, you know, back when we could at least beat them once.  Damn Yankees!  Speaking of the Sox

sports04edwin

When I saved this picture, Edwin Jackson still pitched for us, then he became a Blue Jay for a few hours and is now a Cardinal.  I didn’t keep the photo for him anyways, I kept it because of the jersey.  I like the vintage jerseys, well, most of them.  The Sox had a few that were kinda hideous.

And the usual vintage baseball pics.

sports03musial

sports09musial

Both Stan “the Man” Musial.

sports11banks

Ernie Banks.  I know, weird seeing a Cub on a White Sox blog.  But I do love baseball and respect the game.

sports12mazerowski

Bill Mazerowski.  Don’t know if this was taken on the home run we all know about or not, but still a cool photo.

sports10seaver

He looks mad, or evil.  Don’t stare at it too long, you’ll run away to hide.  Why did I post it, well it’s Tom Seaver.

Now off to that other sports a few people watch.  Not a big fan of the game, or at least the pro game anymore so you know these are going to be more vintage.  Well, technically, the first 3 aren’t vintage photographs but have vintage players.

sports06   sports07

sports05

The 3 new covers of NBA2K12.  I love that they used those 3 players because those were the big 3 when I did watch the NBA.  I didn’t run across any vintage action shots of Jordan like I usually do but I did find a regular photo of him.  Or rather, a magazine cover.

sports13

Until next time, keep on collecting.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool photos! I don't recall ever seeing that one of Jordan. I can get lost for hours looking through vintage sports photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a huge Jordan fan when he was playing and I know I've never seen that one either.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.