Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Photo Cleansing #9

For those that are new around here, I save photo’s I like as I go through blogs and when I get a few, I’ll post them here for your enjoyment. And it takes less space storing them here then on my computer.  Here we go.

All baseball in this issue.  Some new, some old.  First up – White Sox

sports08

I love these ads.  The advertisement team for the White Sox has been great for the last 6-7 years.  Their slogans have been good,  Although, this years “All In” hasn’t panned out.  They are only half in, which explains the .500 record.

A little video to go with the photos.  Gotta love the trick plays when they happen to pros.

sports04

Cool graph thingy of all the uniforms of all MLB clubs in 2011.

sports01

He was a bad ass, and has the records to prove it.  Pretty sure this wasn’t after he pummeled Robin Ventura.  Maybe if his fist was bleeding.

sports02

Don’t know my Red Sox players enough to know who Nomar taped up.  Kinda looks like Pedro but I don’t know.  But it’s pretty funny.  I’ve always said that baseball players have more fun than any other sports.

sports09ripkenmurrayhenderson

Ripken and Murray with Henderson stealing, as he did, a lot.

sports03fisk

Carlton Fisk getting the out.

sports03mantle

Mickey Mantle.

sports05paige

Satchel Paige.

sports06minosa

Minny Minosa.

sports07minosa

Minnie Minosa and Phil Rizzuto.

sports10

The 1st issue of Sports Illustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.