Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ebay purchases

Just a quick post of some cheap ebay purchases I’ve had of late.  I’ve been buying up any Sox vintage that I don’t have and that I can get for .50 or less.  Some oddball player collection cards at .50 or less.  And some relic/auto cards I can get for under $2.  I have more purchases coming but these were the first 4 that came in the mail in the last few days.  I bid on a lot of cards but only win a few, obviously, because I’m cheap or rather, because I have no money.

ebay01

Billy Williams - 1974 Topps All-Star w/Reggie Jackson (only my 2nd Billy Williams card)

Paul Konerko – 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter

Tom Seaver – 1986 & 1987 Sportflics

Total amount paid = $1.53/shipped.

I know I haven’t been around much but that probably won’t change for a week or so.  My wife is going in for surgery so I’m not sure how the next couple of days will play out.  It’s relatively minor surgery as far as “danger” is concerned but it can be fairly painful for a few weeks.  Then again, she won’t be able to watch me when I go to the “store” and I might be able to slip a few packs by her.  Maybe drug her up before I go so she doesn’t hear the wrapper’s opening when I return.

I’m kidding of course, I can buy when I want but if I spend too much it puts us in a hole, which means I have to work more so I voluntarily don’t spend as much as I would like.  But it’s more fun to blame her.  I’ll probably be around and will continue reading blogs, but I don’t know how much I’ll be able to post.  Until next time, happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.