Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Paulie! Paulie! Paulie!

* I put my January purchases on random for today's post.

I've almost finished putting/verifying/deleting all my card books on TCDB. After that, I have to start with all my boxes of cards. I'm thinking Vintage collection first because it would be quicker.

On to today's post, and it is a biggie. I went searching for some cards to add to my favorite players collection. I ended up getting quite a bit.



I'll start with the non White Sox cards. I do like seeing the Dodgers (and Reds) cards of Konerko, if not only to relish the fact that they gave him up and he ended up in Chicago. I have never seen those Stand Up cards, they're 2 other players on the back. I assume you fold it in the middle and the card stands.



The Upper Deck versions of the Konerko's. I like the purple Future Stars at the bottom. I wasn't aware of those parallels either.



The vintage looking cards of Konerko. 3 Heritage and went ahead and threw the Crack Jack in as well.



Some more Topps. I guess technically, that bottom card is vintage like as well since it's Heritage. Oh well, it's a floating head card so it can go anywhere it wants.



Last but not least, the Bowman section. Again, Vintage like but who's counting.

I am counting, that's who. That's 18 more cards to the Konerko collection which puts me at 21 for this year, which is more than I got in the last 2 years. It also puts me at 457 different cards of Paulie.

Only 3 more posts for the month and 5 more days so I'm right on track. My cousin sent another box of cards that I should get tomorrow and I am awaiting my Sportlots package for next month's posts later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Saw an EX 2000 card a few minutes ago on a blog. Now an EX 2001. Like Ice Cube said... Today was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, I heard that song in the last day or two.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.