Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Benchmark Purchase

Since we went vintage on the last post, the random decided to go a vintage player but more modern cards. Except 1.



I had all these shipped in the last Sportlots package. A few cool cards in there. The Stadium Club's and Gold Labels are pretty nice and I like the remakes with the older patterns.

How about this for a vintage look a like. I kind of like the black border on the '69 look (ish). I think I like the name and position on top better than in the circle on the '69's. I picked this up at the Shipshewana show from Joe.


I know, you assume this is a reprint but it's not. I picked this up at the Warsaw show. It was my one big purchase. I probably overpaid for it but when I saw it, I couldn't walk away. I dropped $20 on it and if you know me, that is Obviously this is my oldest card of Bench. It's his first solo card, his rookie he shares with another guy.

These 23 cards get me over 200 cards, up to 207 cards.

2 comments:

  1. Bench's 69T card is awesome! I actually like the name and position in the circle... and the rookie trophy is a very nice bonus. I've never priced out that card, but $20 for a nice conditioned second year 60's card of one of the greatest of all-time seems like a pretty good deal.

    P.S. The Turkey Red is my favorite from the Sportlots bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the '69 Bench on Webstore for $15 about five years. Given that the boom is still in effect, $20 doesn't seem like much of a jump.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.