Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Lotsa Sox

Even though it's a White Sox post, I'm not talking about the team this year. Beyond frustrated but we are winning at the moment. We'll see if they can hold it.

I've picked up cards for this collection for awhile without getting a post so there's a lot of cards. I'll just bunch them on where I got them.




All of the above were freebies from Sluggo. He got in a lot from his guy and there was an 800 count box of this stuff so I went through it and grabbed what I didn't have. Lots of new Bowman and lots of shiny. Some of the other stuff I picked up awhile ago from him.


These all came from last box of Sportlots. The top pic are all TCMA's (I think) but I don't remember what year. The bottom 2 I think are pretty cool. They are 1979 Fleer Grand Slam stickers.



I picked up all these at my LCS. The top photo were all dime box cards and they were thrown in on the purchase. I picked up the Abreu relic there, I've been eyeballing it for awhile and I finally picked it up. It's numbered to /99. The autographs I wanted to grab some of players that I didn't have. I knew I was going to grab the Scotty Pods when I saw it. I definitely wanted an auto of one our World Series heroes. I didn't have one of Grandal or Mags. I have a bunch of relics of him but this is my first auto.


I picked up these 2 at the card show in Warsaw. I liked Madrigal, wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of him and Sheets is doing pretty well as of late.

These 2 both came from Fred. Leury was great last year, this year, not so much and Burger has some pretty key hits for us this year so I'll definitely take a rookie card of him.


These 2 both came from the dealer at the Fort Wayne show that I bought a bunch of vintage cards for a buck a piece, these included. The top one goes in my Team collection as well and the bottom one also goes to my Schmidt PC. I had the 1975 mini of the bottom card, but not the regular sized one.



I picked up the above 3 at the Shipshewana show but they all came from 3 dealers that I buy from all the time. The top card came from Hollister, the middle (mini) from a guy named Joe that we set up at Mishawaka and Plymouth. The bottom one from Josh who runs the Plymouth show.

These 3 were throw in's with my cousin's cards when we went up to the Stanton Man Cave card shop. I don't actively look for these pocket schedules but I do pick them up when I run into them.



Last but not least, Dennis sent these last 2 scans to me. The Frank Thomas is numbered to /25, love low numbered cards. The Kittle relic is my first of him but I do have an autographed card as well as a 5x7 autographed photo of him. I actually have a bunch of Abreu relics but this might be my first bat card.

Like I said, a lot of Sox for one post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.