Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

To play or not to play

We're working 10 hour days this week so we can have Friday off but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up working anyways, at least in the morning. I guess I'll take the overtime considering we are in a huge slowdown. With the slowdown, my finances will also start slowing down so that means my card purchasing will slow down. The good news is, my cousin put in a notice for the end of September where he works and he's going to try to do cards full time. Why is that good news for me? Because he'll be more available on the weekends so we can do more shows and more shows means I have more money for me to buy stuff I want.

Although, I did realize at the last show that it's just cheaper to buy cards online so I'm going to limit my card buying in person and keep the money to spend online. Now, if I find an auto or hard to find card, I may drop some dinero on it but I tend to hit the dollar boxes and while I'm thinking, they are only a buck. They add up quickly and then I usually get home and realize that I could probably have bought most of them online for half the price. We do have a card show this Saturday but I'm still a hole and have to work it off.

Anyways, today's post is about a guy that's collection has slowly been growing. I probably have at least 1 card for every game he's played. You'll get that joke later.


I picked up a couple minor league cards as well as a card from each of the Chicago teams. Eloy has been great when he plays but the last 3 years he's played less than 160 games so I was wrong, I don't have enough to match each game, especially since he also played in another 122 games in 2019 but it feels like I do because he's constantly injured.

I do have 121 cards so I almost matched his 2019 games so I guess I wasn't far off. All the injuries have been very frustrating, at this point I just want to see him make it a whole year, then I'll worry about production.

2 comments:

  1. Huh...I have the opposite experience; I find things are cheaper at shows. I suppose that's largely because I tend to buy lower-end stuff, so postage is a big factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Postage isn't much of a factor for me because I only buy from sellers with free or very little postage.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.