Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, December 25, 2022

J-Love

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Christmas.

It was just under a week ago that I had said that my daughter's boyfriend was the only person that has ever bought me cards. That changed today. My son bought me a repack, which, not surprisingly, didn't get me much of anything. I did get a 1983 Topps that I needed for the vintage collection. A Randy Johnson Donruss rookie that will probably go in our dollar box and a couple of packs of 1989 Donruss that we'll throw in our 2 for $1 packs box. I don't have the heart to tell him those things are pretty worthless to me as I only collect certain things.

The big surprise was, I pulled out a small plastic case with about 5 or 6 cards in it that were higher end (for me anyways) cards. Apparently, my mom got with Sluggo and he picked out a few cards he knew that I was eyeballing but didn't want to pay that much so you know there are some good cards in there. I'm guessing he gave her a family discount and she probably spent $75-$100 on them. I'll find out considering I keep the books for Sluggo's Sports Cards but I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask today. I'll hit him up on Saturday when we do our last show of the year. I'll get them logged and scanned tomorrow so they'll get thrown in with December's pickups. I have a box coming from Sportlots as well but the tracking number they gave me a few days ago still isn't active so either the USPS screwed up and didn't scan it or it hasn't actually been picked up yet. It might have to go under January pick-ups at this rate.

Today's post is more of the November pick-ups. It's a collection I rarely add to and I only made it an official collection earlier this year. It's basically cards I want to keep that don't actually belong in my collections. It's mainly celeb cards with a few vintage that aren't part of my Vintage Collection.


I found these while doing the sorting for Sluggo. I had a pretty big crush on her back in the day so I figured why not add them. She's currently on 9-1-1, which I do watch but I actually watch the show, not just for her, she's just an added bonus. Had I run across these somewhere, I probably wouldn't have even picked them up if I had to pay for them but for free, like I said, why not?

2 comments:

  1. I had a crush on her too. Don't think I've seen her in anything recent though. Merry Christmas Jeff!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.