Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, December 23, 2022

Days of scanning

I decided since I'm home the next couple of weeks that I was going to try to get all the cards that I have that need scanned for TCDB. I went and checked and I needed 382 cards scanned, most of those front and back. All of my player collections are up to date because I add those photos when I get them but I always ignored the White Sox cards because I didn't want to have to search for each card that needed it. I have my Sox collection stored in a dresser so I would have to keep going back and forth between my desk and the dresser. I started that way, then I had an idea.


I pulled out a couple of chairs in storage and pulled the first drawer out of the dresser and put them on those and put the second drawer on the other side of my desk. So now, all I have to do is turn my chair and grab the card. The scanner is right above my laptop so I could do everything without leaving my chair. The binder on this side of my desk is my relics and the binder on the floor are my autographs as a lot of those need scanned.

I started this project yesterday and after today, I'm down to 303 cards so I made a little headway but it seems like a long way to go at this point. I'll hit it most every day I'm sure, at least the next couple as it's in the negatives temperature wise around here so I'm not going anywhere.

I also spent an hour or so this morning going through a Christmas package from Dennis at Too Many Verlanders. I got everything scanned and logged this morning, plus I had to scan a few of those for TCDB as well. As always, he sent a little bit of everything and those will get added to the posts list to random.

Today's post is one of those. It was going to be another one card post but Dennis added one to it.

I grabbed this while going through Sluggo's cards back in November.


This is the one Dennis sent me yesterday. A rookie card at that.

He hit me with 7 different player collections and both team collections, which he usually does. He also hit with me plenty of hits, including a Tier 1 PC.

These 2 cards give me 16 cards of Devin now. Slowly moving up and as you can tell by the 2 above, there are plenty of base cards that I need.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Scanning is one of my least favorite card related things to do... but I'm right there with you. I'll be scanning some cards today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I scanned that many cards total for this past years worth of blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.