Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Rare pick-ups for me

I've been sitting around all day, not doing anything and even had the though, I should put out a post while I have time and I never did. Here it is, 10:30 pm and I just remember, oh yeah, I never put out a post. I'm a slacker.

The random decided to stick with the last posts theme of the team collection.




A whole lot of modern cards up there that I needed. I really like the Crochet's because when he comes back from his Tommy John surgery, I think he's going to be a big part of the bullpen next year. These all came from the cards that I was sorting for Sluggo.


These 2 scans come from Fred at work. I like the Gavin Sheets up there because like Crochet, I think he could help us win. I liked him in the little he played last year. I also like that 1992 Kellogg's team decal sticker page on the right side. I thought it was older than that when I got it but it's a 1992. I took it out of the package that carried it through the Frosted Flakes. A couple cards of our former first baseman as well, don't even get me started on that.


I also went through the $3/each or 4 for $10 box at my LCS. I picked up some PC players as well as some cards for the shop, I think it ended up being 16 cards total but these 5 were the only non player PC White Sox cards. A couple of Zack Collins, mainly because they are harder to find (Tek & a color parallel #'d /50), the Mendick because he's been decent for us. The Mags just because I haven't added any relics of his in awhile and the Stiever because it's a red parallel of Stadium Club, also numbered to /50. I also realized as I was typing this paragraph that 4 of those 5 don't play for us anymore. I think Stiever is still there.

I need to do that every so often, just hit the 4 for $10 boxes and grab some autos and relics.

1 comment:

  1. I glanced at Ivan... and Bob Ross came to mind. Guess I need to hurry up and drink some coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.