Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Trade with the Dimwit

Before I get into the trade, I finally got my stuff scanned tonight.  Now it’s a matter of getting them typed up and ready to post.  But I can do that on the comfort of my couch, with my feet up.  ZZZZZZZZ

I made a trade with Sam a little while ago, I thought I had posted this already but the scan’s were still in my “scanned and waiting” folder so I went searching and sure enough, no post.  So here goes.

Sam contacted me with some Sox cards he had but I didn’t have much to send him.  So I told him to give me some time and I’d pick some up, which I did.  Shipped them off to him and here’s my return package, or at least the highlights.

trade-dimwit05

Some Topps gold cards.  I don’t think I have very many of these.  I’ve always liked these parallels.  I hate parallels because it’s more cards to collect as a team collector, but I have to admit, I do like some of them.  I’ve always liked the gold, and I liked the original sparkly diamond ones, I didn’t care that they started going with cognac and whatever else they had.  The hope diamond ones look cool but the odds make them a lot harder to get.

trade-dimwit03

Absolutely love these cards.  I believe I have the Michael Jordan white one but I know I don’t have the green framed.  And if you remember my photo cleansing posts, I was a big MJ fan.  Plus, the Big Hurt, one of the greatest Sox ever.  And I’ve grown quite a bit of fondness to Aparicio so to get a green framed, awesome.  I really do love the Masterpieces set.

trade-dimwit02

I’m not positive what the Thomas blue card is but I believe I have the Tom Seaver one that I picked up at a card show awhile back.  I didn’t even know Rios had a Kimball card but I like it.  And you can never go wrong with vintage, even if it is a reprint of a vintage.

trade-dimwit04

Tadahito was a huge part of our 2005 championship and it’s a great looking prospect card.  The Konerko goes into my player collection which I am always grateful to add to.  Plus it’s got a cool, shiny look to it.

trade-dimwit01

And on top of all those great cards, he throws in these 3 relics.  A Paulie bat card, which I believe is my first bat card of his.  A Danks A&G, I like these framed mini relics.  Plus it has a jersey stripe to boot.  And I assume the Carlos Lee is a dupe for Sam since he’s an Astros fan.  Either way, it’s a great card.

Thanks for the great trade Sam, be sure to check out “The Daily Dimwit”, one of the best card blogs out there.

2 comments:

  1. I sent you the AG Relic today, along with a handful of misc. sox cards that were part of the "desk clearing" procedures...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.