Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, March 22, 2020

2 x 2 of Tier 2

* I put my February purchases on random for today's post.

I'm combining 2 posts into 1 today since they are both Tier 2 collections and I have to squeeze 9 posts into 11 days. One is a former Wolverines, one played with the White Sox but neither card is with the correct Sox. Both played in some years together but it was the start of one's career and towards the end of the others. Both are Hall of Famers.


I picked up the 2020 Larkin on Sportlots, as I did most of my 2020 purchases so far. The Gold Label came from my cousin, Sluggo. These 2 give me 207 cards of the superstar Shortstop.



I would have guessed that I had more Fisk cards than Larkin cards but these 2 put my Pudge collection at 160. It makes sense because Larkin played during the overproduction of cards era where that was towards the end of Fisk's career. I thought I'd have more Fisk because he played for the Sox so I tend to have more cards of those players and also because they produce a lot more Fisk cards in the modern sets then they do of Larkin. Both of these cards came from Sluggo.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.