Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

80's Vintage

* I put my February purchases on random for today's post.

Today's post is all vintage collection cards. Nothing majorly vintage but they all go to the vintage collection all the same. I told you I finished my 1985 Topps set last month so I looked to see what set I was closest to completing and when I go through a sellers cards and finish and I have a little more money to spend, I picked up a few cards from that set.




I know, that set! It's the next set that I'm closest to finishing. The good news, I haven't picked up any more from the 1987 set since these and I have picked up some older ones for next month's post. These 6 cards put that set at 721 cards which is 91% completed. While I want to finish the set, I'm not really highly motivated to do so.






I got all these from my cousin's (Sluggo) last package. The 1984 Topps Ozzie puts that set at 322 cards (40.7%). All the 1983 Topps put that set at 143 cards (18.1%) completed. I also noticed I slipped in a Mike Schmidt card in the scan, I decided to leave it on this post since it's the only card I got of him last month, that card puts the Schmidt collection at 136 cards.

1 comment:

  1. I remember treasuring that Ozzie when I was a kid. I guess I didn't own the Yount, because that's a fantastic looking card and I would have remembered that one as well.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.