Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, March 27, 2020

A Terrific Friday

* I put my February purchases on random for today's post.

As I see a lot of you are doing, I'm spending my days at home working on organizing my collections. In my case, I'm verifying what I have on hand is what I actually show on TCDB. I've done all my player collections and I started on my vintage collection. I've finished up to 1976 today. Checking TCDB is the easy part, verifying I have them on my Google Sheet is taking me longer.

I got bored the other day (it happens a lot these days) and I went through all my player collections to see where I ranked against other collector's. I saw a couple of Tweets where people were adding their collections and checking their ranks so I was curious. I was #1 on a couple but the following player really surprised me. BTW - if you haven't figured out who it is yet, his nickname is in the title of this post.





I'm sure there are other people out there collecting him that have a lot more than me, I just figured with a guy that has over 5,200 cards on TCDB, that my 382 wouldn't be #1 but there it is. I really like the last one, he doesn't get enough modern cards with the Reds. Even though he played for the Sox, I remember him more with the Mets and Reds.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being the #1 Seaver collector on TCDB. That's terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.