Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

the Big Hurt

* I put my February purchases on random for today's post.

I've been slacking this week. Some of you may be out of work because of the virus, but I've been working a ton. I've had almost 60 hours the last 2 weeks and I've been exhausted most nights so I haven't been posting. Enough about that, let's get to the random player for this post.


Technically, these 2 don't belong in my Sox collection and I don't have a player collection of the Big Hurt so they will go in the Baseball collection, because, you know, they are baseball cards. They came from Sluggo last month, as did the next card.


As you can see, it's a reprint, with a twist. I don't know if you can tell or not but the RC logo is gold and embedded in the super thick card. It is considered a manufactured relic of which I'm not a huge fan of but it's a Sox card.


Last but not least, this 2020 card of Frank came from last month's Sportlots purchase. I like these decade's best, it's former players but they aren't just picking their favorites, there's a reason they are on the cards (at least I assume).

I'm going to try to post tomorrow as well and my hours should go down next week. I also have to go purchase my weekly Sportlots purchase tomorrow. I need to post everyday the rest of the month because I have 11 posts left and only 9 days so I'll probably combine a couple of those.

2 comments:

  1. I've been working about 50 hours a week lately so I feel your pain. Those rookie manurelic cards are kinda neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things settle down for you. I'm in the opposite boat as you. I'd love to go in and teach, but can't. This whole shelter in place thing is definitely starting to get to me.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.