Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

WS Hero

* I put my February purchases on random for today's post.

You finally get more than a 1 card post, although you may not know him much unless you are a Sox fan. He was a huge part of our success in 2005 and I think I can honestly say, he was the best defensive 3rd baseman that I've seen play. Granted, I haven't seen a ton of player unless they played with the Sox. Highlight reels don't count, you can make anyone look decent with a reel.


I'll start with this update since I was talking about him being a hero that season. I thought I had this but apparently he made 2 of these World Series cards from update.


Joe did play for one other team but all the cards I got this time were all from the White Sox. I wish his back would have stayed healthy because I loved watching him play.


I liked this card because it's more or less a rookie card. It's from 2000 Bowman, I figured it was a rookie insert set or something but apparently it's a parallel set. From what I gathered, the rookie's looked liked this and the more veteran players looked more like the old TV Bowman with the rounded TV screen.

These 4 cards of Crede give me 71 cards of his. This also makes 7 that I've picked up so far this year. I've only picked up 2 in the last 3 years which is all the more proof that I made the right decision to ditch Ebay for Sportlots.

1 comment:

  1. Don't remember seeing that style of 2000 Bowman rookie cards before... but that Crede looks really cool. I feel like having Crede sign it in silver Sharpie would make it look even cooler.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.