Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, March 23, 2020

Old and New Maize and Blue

* I put my February purchases on random for today's post.

Well, Indiana is going under a stay-at-home order tomorrow at midnight. As of now, I'm working tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it'll be my last day for awhile. I don't think an RV factory is considered an essential business but they haven't officially announced that we are shutting down. The wife asked me to stop buying cards today. Lucky for me, I purchased this past weeks cards on Sportlots last night and shipped what was in my box so I did it just in the nick of time. So I'll have cards to post next month and hopefully this doesn't last more than a few weeks but you never know.

Enough of that talk though, let's show the cards. Today, they are all former Wolverines but only 3 of them go into the Wolverines collection. The other 2 are the first of a new player collection.


Oddly enough, I didn't have any cards of Tom Harmon so I picked me up a couple. When I went to enter them, I realized he only has 38 cards so that's probably why it took so long to get some of Ole #98.


I do have some of Zach Putnam though. Michigan collection cards and White Sox collection cards. Actually, White Sox card, as in singular. I'm not sure why I only have one but I'm guessing when I get around to entering my box of cards of the Sox collection, I'll find some more. This card makes 8 cards of Putnam, 5 of those are autographs in Michigan uniforms so there is that going for me.


These 2 cards of the former Wolverine are the first of this player collection. Although TCDB says he has over 150 so I'm going to have to go looking for some more.

All these cards were purchased on Sportlots for under $.50/each. I went looking for some Michigan cards and came up with these. Being as you can't search for teams, it's a little difficult to find cards for that collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.