Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Yaz on Weds

* I put my February purchases on random for today's post.

Yesterday was my last day at work until April 7th, at least for now. Indiana is now on a Stay at Home order. I crashed early last night and never got my post out so you'll probably get 2 posts today because I think I have to post every day until the end of the month to be done with February's post in March so I can start April on March's purchases. Obviously I don't have to, I just feel like I should. If I stick to my rules in my head, I do a better job of keeping up with posting. You'll notice I haven't had long hiatus' in awhile. December of 2018 was the last time I went a month without posting and I've only had 2 months with less than 10 posts since then. That's why I stick to my rules.

Today's cards are modern cards of a Hall of Famer who's grandson is making a name for himself currently. I learned how to spell his last name writing his name down in my notebooks where I logged my cards and I still remember how to to this day.


I admit, it's a little weird seeing him on a 1984 design. He has a few cards in the 1984 Topps set but they are all highlights. I believe 1983 was his last year on base cards.


Technically, the card on the left, isn't a card, it's a sticker. I also picked up a couple of Heritage cards of his. The above and the below.


I got to add a Mookie Betts to the collection as well. All the above are from 2019 sets and came from Sportlots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.