Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

LCS Pick-Ups

I lied, I had 2 posts left. I noticed I had scans left for another post that I must have forgotten to have add to the list that I random. So today, instead of another PC, you get more White Sox cards! Although, after getting swept by the Yankees, I'm not sure I can tolerate them.

These are all cards I picked up at the LCS I went to with my cousin.

If you remember way back when I started this round of posts, I showed some Starting Lineup figures of Bo Jackson that I purchased. Here's the card & coin that came with them. I know the card is all decked out in KC blue but it does have the Sox logo with the notation that he signed with us so I kept it.

I picked up all these out of a quarter box. I just guessed at whether or not I had them. I wasn't going to take the time to look them up over a quarter. I picked up 3 or 4 dupes but it's only a buck compared to the 20 minutes I'd have to look each card up. I'll take it. Engel and Collins are the only ones still with the team now and Engel has been on the IL but he just started rehab so hopefully he'll be back soon. He was supposed to be our 4th outfielder but him and 2 of the other outfield starters (Eloy & Robert) have all been out.

Also picked these up of our (and American Leagues) MVP for a quarter a piece. Love the black Panini National Convention card as it is all black.


Also picked up this relic of Pito for $1.50. Pinstripe and numbered to /99 for a buck fifty, yes please. These 3 cards of Abreu give me 148 cards of his.

So while I wasn't too thrilled with the LCS, I did pick up a few things that I needed for cheap. For the most part, I thought most of the cards were overpriced which is why I stuck with the quarter box and cheap relic box.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that Kenner had enough time to get Bo in a Sox hat for the coin... but couldn't find a photo of Bo for the trading card. Oh well... the card is still very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that they made Berger's Best relics!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.