Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Lots of Action

I think I already did my 1997 post of Barry Larkin but I decided to throw a few years together for a bigger post so today, you're getting 1996, 1998-1999.

We start off with 1996 Bowman. I'm not sure I even knew they did a foil version back then.

Not a fan of these 1996 (& 1997) "paper cards" that Fleer put out, the Ultra is much better.

1996 Leaf. I usually put Studio with Donruss but this year actually says Leaf. I never know if I should peel the protective film on those cards or not. I usually don't.

I grabbed one Pacific from 1996. These were the years when Pacific started showing up. I remember being happy there was going to be more cards.

I thought the same thing with Pinnacle, only I don't remember really seeing them anywhere, at least not in packs.

I'm not sure why I didn't add this to the Pinnacle scan above.

Again, I'm not sure I knew about the Chrome in 1996. Early Gallery and even a small photo of Tony Gwynn.

The 1996 Upper Deck portion, 3 Collector's Choice (one a silver signature) and the cool looking SPx. I'm happy with the scan of that card.

I scanned these awhile ago so I'm not sure why everything is bunched together. These are all 1998, I guess I didn't pay attention to how many parallel sets there were even back then, you can see a couple of them up there with the Score & Bowman. Nowhere near today when every set has 20 parallels but they are there.

More 1998. I'm not sure what's going on in the Ultra shots. Really like the EX at the end though, again, the scan makes it better.

And more 1998. Yeah, definitely don't know what I was doing with the scans of this year. Why I didn't separate them by brands like I did everything else is beyond me.

At least I separated the horizontal cards from 1998. Larkin has quite a few cards of him sliding into bases.

Onto the 1999's. I remember liking the MVP set back when they were new. Probably because I remember the packs being fairly cheap. I like the Gold Label and Sports Illustrated cards as well.

Finally, the last of the 1999's and this post. As I said, I picked up a ton of Larkin's. I still have 1 more post this round and even more in the next one.

Say what you want about all the sets of the 90's but I noticed doing these Larkin posts, they use a ton of action shots and in my humble opinion, action shots are way better than head shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.