Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, May 31, 2021

Double Header Memorial Day

What a good way to celebrate Memorial Day than hanging with the family for a cookout at lunch and getting home in time to start a double header with Cleveland. Sox won the first game in a back and forth game in extra innings. The 2nd game is tied at 1 as I type this.

Today's post will all be White Sox as well. These were all the pick-ups on Sportlots in my last package. Just fill ins at $.18 to get the sellers up to 4 cards.

Make that down 3-1 to Cleveland now. That was quick. Anyways,

A couple of 2020 Stadium Club pick-ups. One of them being the league MVP for that price. I'll take it. He still doesn't get hobby love but I'm okay with that.

Also picked up 4 Bowman Heritage. The bottom 2 are of the prospects variety but the 2 on the left are no longer with the Sox. Zack is Yasmani's back up and Rutherford is in the minors.

Now going back about 16 years, I grabbed 5 from the Donruss Throwback Threads set. These 4 give me all the current players (in 2004) but I still need the 2 retired and the rookie players for the team set. Those 3 cards are all numbered.

Sticking with 2004, I also picked up this Sweet Sigs card of the Big Hurt. It gives me the 2 current players but I still need the 2 rookies for the team set. Those are both serial numbered as well. Must be a 2004 thing.

I threw the horizontals together. The top 2 are 2007 SP Authentic inserts and the bottom card is a 2004 Leaf Certified Cuts. I do like both of the designs but the Leaf one better, probably because it's shiny. The top 2 were our #1 and #2 hitters on the World Series team though so you know I love those 2 as well.

You can never go wrong picking up vintage White Sox cards for $.18. This Walt Williams is one of the low number cards which I have most of, the higher number is another story. I have 21 of 35 cards for the team set.

Lastly, I also grabbed another 1967 Sox card for the team set. I did pay a little more for for it though, got it for a quarter. It's my 17th of the team set which is just over halfway done, again, the majority of those high numbers.

I know by the time I finish this, most of our Memorial Day's are over but I hope you all had a happy and safe one. As in every day, my appreciation goes out to all the troops, current and past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.