Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

2 days

The Michigan baseball team squeeked into the playoffs and got seeded in South Bend at Notre Dame. Guess who lives near South Bend and has tickets to go see them on Friday night? Yep, this guy. I'm hoping ND and Michigan both win on Friday so they match up on Saturday. I'm pretty hyped to go to my first Michigan baseball game. 2 days!!!

Fittingly enough, today's random popped up with some former Wolverine baseball players. I picked up 1 card each of 5 different players. Some of them are even new collections.

We'll start off with Tommy Henry. This is my 4th card of his. This is a Heritage minors card which he still is in the minors. I don't see any MLB stats for him so maybe he'll get a fall call-up. He is in the DBacks organization.

Same goes for Jeff Criswell as he is still in the minors as well. The difference is, I only have 3 cards of his but this my first pro card as the other 2 are USA cards.

I also picked up another Jesse Franklin card and as with Criswell, this is my first pro card. The other one is a Wolverines uniform card. In case you haven't guessed it, I have 2 cards of Jesse.

Now on to the new player collections.

I picked up my first card of Jorgan Nwogu. I actually got to see him (and the next player) play (on TV) because Michigan made the college World Series in 2019 so they actually broadcasted quite a few of their games on TV.


Jordan was on that 2019 team as well and was the Big Ten player of the year that year. This is a Heritage Minors card as well and he is in the Astros organization.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.