Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, June 5, 2021

YoYo Saturday

Well, Michigan got eliminated today. I made it to Friday's game, it was close (1-1) until the middle of the game and the UCONN bats got hot. I did get a souvenier from the field, a ball Michigan was using to warm up with. It has the Big Ten logo, NCAA logo and the Block M on it. After watching Michigan lose, it got worse when we got to the parking lot.


That would be my cousin's car. I was in my car and ready to go but he said he'd drive so this could have been my car. We joked more than once when a foul ball went out the stadium that his car got hit, guess we weren't wrong.

My only complaint was I was planning on eating at the game only to find out they didn't serve any food, only drinks, so I was starving by the time the game was over. Well that, I had to be on the Notre Dame campus. It was a good time spent with both of my questions who are essentially half brothers.

Today's post isn't about Michigan though but rather a Sox (they lost today too) player. He's been hot lately and is looking more like the player he was pre-Covid.

I'll start off with a few cards that Fred gave me. This was my first 2020 Select card, they are pretty slick looking.

This isn't my first SC Chrome but it is my first A&G Chrome. He gave me a few of them and I definitely like the Chrome versions. The Stadium Clubs are cool but the best thing about SC is the photography and the Chrome hides it more.

You know I grabbed some off Sportlots as well. This is the Donruss portion. The top 3 are all the same photo (mostly parallels) and I was thinking the bottom 2 were as well but they are different, slightly. Different games as well.

This was supposed to be the Panini section but I realized there is a Donruss down there. I guess it doesn't matter since they are all technically Panini. The Elite is a good photo as in they didn't have to hide any logos.

Lots of flagship look-a-likes up there and another A&G Chrome. Oops! Somehow that made it past my record keeping. The 2018 is the Limited version, the 2019 and 2020 are the 582 Montgomery versions.


Lastly, the Topps portion. I feel the same way with the Chrome Turkey Red as I do the Stadium Club, it's cool, but I like the originals better. A couple of inserts on the top and a Bowman's best next to the TR.

A lot of cool cards up there, can't complain about these pick-ups. Not that I complain about any of my pick-ups. These cards put the YoYo Collection at 148 cards.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the loss, your cousin's car, and the lack of food. I hope that the food thing isn't a normal thing at sporting events now. As much as I enjoy sports, the MAIN reason I go to games is for the food.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.