Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Happy Birthday - Billy Williams

Billy was born in 1938, making him 83 today.

MLB Debut - August 6th, 1959

Years Active - 

  • Chicago Cubs (1959-1974)
  • Oakland Athletics (1975-1976)
Chicago Cubs rookie

Oakland Athletics

Cards on TCDB - 1695 cards

Cards I have - 104 cards


A few oddballs from his playing days. I am missing his 1962 and 1966 Topps cards to have the whole run of playing days cards. I need to rectify that.

Where they came from - 

  • Sportslots (32 cards)
  • Just Commons/Card Barrel (17 cards)
  • Ebay (16 cards)
  • COMC (15 cards)
  • Too Many Verlanders (13 cards)
  • Baseballcardstore.ca (4 cards)
  • Crinkly Wrappers (2 cards)
  • Card Show/Kalamazoo (1 card)
  • Media Madhouse (1 card)
  • Sluggo (1 card)
  • the Collective Mind (1 card)
  • Unknown (1 card)



I don't have any autographs or relics so I figured I'd show a few of the better looking more modern cards. Most of them have a blue background, you can tell I like it when the cards match the teams.

Happy Birthday, Billy

*I have all the cards shown but the photos above are from TCDB.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is very little and paper like. I googled and it's only 2 1/4" tall, that's how small. They seem like somebody just photocopied a card but that's what they are supposed to look and feel like.

      Delete
  2. If someone asked me how many cards Williams had, I would have guessed 500 or so. 1,695 is shocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised as well. I didn't think they made many cards of him anymore but apparently they had.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.