Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Morado Pantera

That title is your Spanish lesson for today. I had to Google it though so it's probably wrong. The words are correct, but the structure is probably wrong. That is where I failed in Spanish class (almost 30 years ago).

I'm sleepy today, just trying to get through the week and start my week off work. Last I heard, Thursday is my last day this week and then I'm off until the 11th. I plan on watching some live baseball so it would be really nice if they could get on a win streak and play better than they have recently.

This guy has been doing very well though. He hasn't really found his Home Run swing but he's hitting everything hard and getting on.

I picked up this one from Sluggo awhile back, nothing too flashy but it is a Chrome which is always nice.

I grabbed this mini at the card show in Warsaw. I didn't pick up a lot at that show but I didn't find this rookie mini of Robert for a buck.


I got this at my LCS, also for a buck. A nice non airbrushed, non-licensed card. I always prefer when the angle doesn't take off logos. Although, I'm guessing they probably had to take a little bit off the helmet.


Last but not least, I picked up this purple parallel of his 2022 Topps with the Rookie Cup in the half off box from Hollister. I only paid a couple of bucks which is probably too much for a card that my old eyes can't even read the name of the player.

These 4 cards give me 74 of La Pantera. Slowly getting to that century mark which, to be honest, when I started picking up his cards, I thought I'd never see.

2 comments:

  1. I took Spanish for three years in high school... and struggled. Not my favorite class.

    P.S. That Robert mini rc is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took 2 years and flunked both years. I had no problems with the words but when they started to put them into sentences, I was lost.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.