Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, June 12, 2022

the Shoelace Century

I've been slacking a bit this past week and not getting out my usual amount of posts. I haven't missed any birthday posts thought, that's what usually gets me because I use those to gauge how well that collection is going the following year.

I worked on my cards a bit yesterday. I put everything away that I've gotten the last couple of weeks and decided I was going to print labels for my binders. A few players that have over 250 cards get their own binder and I put the cards in pages. I printed off slips for each year for the player. Or at least until I ran out of ink, stupid printers. Here's an example of 3 years for Ripken.

I like them. I think they're pretty cool with the accomplishments listed for the year.

Today, I went over to Sluggo's to help him. He's making some 50% off boxes and I was helping with the sleeving and top loading while he priced. It goes a lot quicker with 2 people. We stopped to eat some lunch and he noticed that the Notre Dame baseball team was on (he's a ND fan) so we continued to watch the game. They pulled it out with a couple of home runs in the last few innings and beat Tennessee for a birth to the college World Series playoffs? I'm not sure what the correct terminology is for it. They're going to Omaha, that I know is correct.

Anyways, today's post has nothing to do with the above but I had a little time to put it out there, so I did. Today we get a former QB who didn't QB in the pros.

I put these 2 together since they are parallels of each other even though they both came from different places. The one on the left came from card show in Mishawaka and the right one is from the card show at Shipshewana (probably from Hollister's again).

These 2 give me exactly 100 cards of Denard. Denard is my first football collection to reach the century mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.