Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, January 22, 2021

14 more of 14

I came home and watched Michigan spank Notre Dame in hockey (from yesterday). It made me miss going to the games. Ever since ND joined the Big Ten in hockey, I usually get to at least one game on the ND campus which would have been this week.

I'm currently watching the men's basketball team beat up on Purdue and figured I could spit out a post for the evening. It'll help me stay awake until the game is over. I went in early today so I was up at 3:40 this morning and I'm ready to go to bed.

As usual, we'll start out with the Bowman. Only one today but I do like this Heritage card.

Apparently Donruss decided to produce a ton of sets before dropping out of business as every one of these 6 Donruss cards are from different sets. I like what they were going with on the horizontal card but I wish they would have filled that space to the right with something.

Technically I guess these are Donruss as well, at least they were at one time. I don't really know the history between Donruss/Leaf. I do think for awhile the Leaf sets were looking much better than the Donruss.

The rare Skybox set. Not a bad looking set but I could do without the huge facsimile signature across the front.

Like Bowman, only 1 Topps and it's a Heritage. I'm glad they didn't make the Heritage oversized as well, that's the only thing I hate about the early vintage.

3 more from Upper Deck, I didn't mind the Artifacts set, I wish it would have lasted longer than it did. As you can see, the Sweet Spot is numbered.

All of these cards are from 2005. Something else happened in 2005 and Konerko. Anybody? The Sox became world champions! Sorry, I don't have many I can brag about so I still have to on occasion.

Only 1 more Konerko post is coming but it's up to the great random on the internet on when you get to see it.

2 comments:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.