Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Pop Up Cal

A guy at work came up to me with a Todd Collins Michigan card and showed it to me. We started talking about cards and he said he was just getting back into it so I have him TCDB and Sportlots addresses for him to look around. I'm going to try to get some cards to give to him on Monday. I don't have a ton of non-collection cards but I think I have some of his team. It was rather enjoyable to talk cards at work, even if it was just for a few minutes.

Today's player collection is one of PC's that Dennis and I share, that has nothing to do with Michigan.

This is the 1987 Pop Up from Donruss. I already had the 1988 and 1989 so when I pulled this out, I thought I already had it. I'm not sure I knew they did that many years of them.

I'm not sure what this is, I didn't measure it but it's about the size of a 4x6 photograph. It's not quite as thick as a card but feels like one. I thought maybe it was a photograph type pic but this is the back.
I assume this was some kind of give-away at a school or whatever. I'm guessing whatever it is was, was directed right at kids by the quote (maybe) on the back.

Since it's an odd size, I put it on my shelf with the Ripken mini figure and his book.

Dennis will get a lot of thanks until my Sportlots package that I haven't even had shipped yet gets here because all I have left to show on the cards he sent me.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you needed the pop-up (though I think I'd checked on TCDB). I believe the Ripken photo is one of a couple I got when I tried to get him to sign TTM like 25 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you have a co-worker into cards. My old boss collected cards as a kid, so we'd talk about it every now and then, but never traded. These days the closest thing I have is a one of my friend's husbands has a card collection from the 90's. But she doesn't know squat about cards herself.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.