Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Other Topps Sox

I just spent the last hour or so finishing up my Tier 1 collection purchases on Sportlots so next week I'll start on the Tier 2. I have the Colts/Bills game on but I'm really not paying much attention to it. I'm listening to music and I just glance up occasionally to look at the TV. I just don't really get into the NFL much anymore. I watch highlights when I hear a Michigan grad made a good play or something but that's about it. Let's face it, most of those highlights are Tom Brady.

I found this a week or so ago and kept forgetting to post it so I'll go ahead and throw it up here.


So many great players passed last year and we're barely a week in this year and we lose a great manager. I was a little shocked to see he passed and then I saw his age, I didn't realize he was 93. He's been around forever and it's awesome that other than one year he played with the Kansas City A's, he spent his whole career with one team. At least he got to see them win another World Series before he left. RIP Tommy Lasorda.

Today's post are more White Sox cards from 2018 but from Topps.

We'll start off with Allen & Ginter. The top 2 complete the A&G set for that year. The Frank Thomas collection is now at 543 cards.

I'm only half way (4 of 8) on the A&G X set though.


The top 5 cards of the Big League set complete the team set for me. I do like the looks of this set and hope it sticks around for awhile. That Carson Fulmer up top gives me 29 cards of him.

I just happened to run across these gold versions as well and added them.

This Finest card still leaves me 1 card short for that team set. That 1 card is a player collection so I'm sure at some point I'll pick it up.

I also like the Fire set but I could do without all the color parallels but they are pretty much a part of collecting now. The 2 above, leave me a card short of the team set as well. That is my 135th card of the MVP, Abreu.

These 2 cards leave me 1 short, again, of the team set but that last card is a short printed card of a player collection. The above cards of Reynaldo Lopez give me 24 of his, we're hoping for good things from him this year and maybe I'll get those numbers boosted as well.

I still need 3 cards to complete the Heritage set but all 3 of those are short prints and one of those is a variation short print. The above Avisail Garcia cards give me 36 cards of him. I thought I had more than that in the 6 years he was with us.

This Rodon leave me 1 short print short of completing that set but it's a short print variation card. This is my 46th card of the former Sox as they just released him after the 2020 season.


Last but not least, you can't go without having stickers. I'm still a few short of this team set even with the 5 above. The Derek Holland (3 cards) and Leury Garcia (9 cards) stickers are the first on this post of those players. The James Shields cards above give me 10 cards of him and the Yolmer Sanchez's give me 18 of him. Out of these 4 players, Leury is the only one still with the Sox.

1 comment:

  1. Reynaldo sure likes to pucker up when he pitches... and that Sanchez is a great bubble card.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.