Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday With YoYo

Had a lazy day today, so lazy that I didn't even scan cards. I did get on Sportlots and spent my "allowance" for the week. I really wish I could just drop a ton of money and buy all the cards I need. I'm going through a player on my Tier 2 collections and I only got through 2 years of his career before hitting my budget. I even doubled my budget this week because I had overtime. I bought 78 cards, the majority of those from 2 years of that 1 players career. At this rate, it's going to take me forever to get through them all. I'll probably ship from the box next week, give it a few days for some of these cards to get there. I already have 224 cards waiting to ship.

I managed to pick up a bunch of YoYo. I'm hoping for big things from him this year. Is it time for baseball yet? I wasn't even aware of A&G X before I started buying Sox cards to fill team sets.

Love the Gold Label, 2 different classes there. The Big League sets are also pretty good sets. That's a good action shot, including the ball, which always makes for a good picture.

These were are all purchased from filling in 2018 team sets a few months ago but they came in my last shipment. I did pick up 20 or so cards today for some of the 2017 sets, or at least a couple of sets. Just getting me up to my allowance amount.

These 10 cards give me 115 cards of Moncada.

3 comments:

  1. Just curious... from a White Sox fan's perspective... which young Sox star do you feel has the brightest future? Moncada? Madrigal? Giolito? Jimenez? Robert? Someone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really tough because there are so many to choose from. I think Moncada is going to be a steady, great player. I think Jimenez and Robert will both go through really hot streaks but I'm not sure about their consistency yet. I really like Madrigal, guys that can just flat out hit impress me more than jacking bombs. That's not even mentioning what Anderson has done the last couple of years. If I had to name one guy with the most upside, it would probably be Robert.

      Delete
    2. Well... you guys are loaded. Even if one struggles... there are five or six who will carry the team.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.